"Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus" (2 Timothy 1:13).
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works" (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple"
"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ"
"As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine, Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do"
(1 Timothy 1:3-4).
"Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine"
(1 Timothy 4:13).
"Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee"
(1 Timothy 4:16).
"If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself"
(1 Timothy 6:3-5).
"Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us"
(2 Timothy 1:13-14).
"I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables"
(2 Timothy 4:1-4).
"Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.
For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake"
"But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine"
"Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds"
(2 John 1:9-11).
1. We believe that the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, fully inspired without error and the infallible rule of faith and practice. The Word of God is the foundation upon which the church operates and is the basis for which the church is governed. We believe that the Word of God supersedes any earthly law that is contrary to the Holy Scriptures. (Isaiah 28:13; Nehemiah 8:8; John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12; 1 Peter 1:23-25; 2 Peter 1:3-4 and 1:21, see article titled "Has God Said?).
2. that there is one living and true GOD, eternally existing in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory; that this triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all things. (Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 44:8 and 48:16; Matthew 28:19-20; John 10:30; Hebrews 1:3).
3. in the person of God the Father, an infinite, eternal, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all those who come to Him in faith through Jesus Christ, the only way a lost sinner can come to God for salvation.(Deuteronomy 33:27; Psalms 90:2; Psalms 102:27; John 3:16 and 4:24; Acts 4:12, 1 Timothy 1:17; Titus 1:3, see articles titled "The Uniqueness of Jesus Christ,"The Trinity," and "The Deity of the Holy Spirit).
4. in the person of Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, his substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people and personal, visible return to earth. (Isaiah 7:14; Micah 5:2; Matthew 1:23; Mark 16:19; Luke 1:34-35; John 1:1-2, 8:58 and 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 1 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 1:2; Revelation 1:8).
5. in the person of the Holy Spirit, Who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ; (Acts 1:8; 2 Corinthians 3:18; John 16:8-11; Romans 8:26 and 15:13,16; Hebrews 9:14), We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide. (John 6:13, 14:16-17 and 16:8-11; Romans 8:26). We believe in the Baptism with the Holy [and what is often referred to as the infilling and empowering of the] Spirit as a distinct and separate experience to that of regeneration, occurring, either subsequent to or simultaneous with salvation, evidenced by a greater dynamic in the Christian’s life enabling that person to be a bold and more effective witness. The supreme evidence of the Spirit filled life is the fruit of the Spirit, love. We believe in the present day ministry of the Holy Spirit in regard to the exercise of all biblical gifts of the Holy Spirit according to the instructions given to us in 1 Corinthians Chapters 12 through14.
6. that all people are sinners by nature and choice, falling short of God’s standard and breaking His commandments – and therefore are under God’s righteous judgment. Yet God saves and gives new life to all who come to Him in repentance and faith, trusting in the Person and work of Jesus Christ. At the cross, Jesus Christ died in our place (and for the sins of all sinners) as our substitute (and all sinners), absorbing God’s wrath that should have come upon us. Because Jesus died for the sins of the world and all in the world, the invitation to believe is open to all, and whoever desires may come unto Jesus for new life and the forgiveness of sins. [Not all will be saved but all can be saved if they will turn to Christ in faith for salvation] (Romans 3:23, Acts 3:19, Acts 20:21, Ephesians 2:1-3, Ephesians 2:8-9, 1 John 2:2, John 3:16, Matthew 11:28, Revelation 22:17).
7. that God created man and that He created them male and female. As such He created them different so as to complement and complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. Therefore, we perform marriages in accordance with the Bible consistent with the Old and New Testament. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:4-6; John 4:16-18; Romans 1:18-32; I Corinthians 5:11, 6:9-11, 6:18-20, 7:1-3 and 7:8-9; Galatians 5:19-21; Ephesians 5:3-7; 1 Timothy 1:9-11).
8. in the pattern and principle of male leadership and responsibility in both the home and the church, according to the sacrificial example of Jesus. We believe this limits the roles of pastoral leadership and doctrinal authority to qualified men (1 Corinthians 11:1-12, 1 Timothy 2:1-15). We believe in the universal church, the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the head and all who are born again are a part of the Body of Christ. (1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Ephesians 4:15-16)
9. that the Lord Jesus Christ instituted two ordinances for the church: (a) full immersion water baptism of believers, and (b) the Lord’s Supper. (Matthew 28:19; Luke 22:19-20; Acts 2:38; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26).
10. in a literal Heaven and a literal Hell and that all those who place their faith, hope and trust in Jesus Christ will spend eternity in Heaven with the Lord, while those who reject Jesus’ free gift of salvation will spend eternity separated from the Lord. (Psalm 9:17; Matthew 5:3, 5:22, 18:9 and 25:31-34; Mark 9:42-49; Luke 12:5; John 3:18; Hebrews 12:23; 1 Peter 1:4; Revelation 14:10-11 and 20:11-15).
11. in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, which is His personal, visible return to earth and the establishment of His millennial kingdom, in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous and endless separation of the wicked. (Matthew 16:27; Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11-16, 20:11-15)
12. in the Pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church where all believers will meet the Lord in the air and be taken out of this world prior to the Tribulation that will come upon the earth. (Isaiah 26:20; Matthew 24:29-31; Luke 21:36; Romans 1:18, 5:9; 1 Thessalonians 1:10, 4:13-16 and 5:9; 2 Peter 2:7-9; Revelation 3:10, 5:7-10 and 7:13-14).
WE DO NOT EMBRACE:
(1) The belief that true Christians can be demon possessed; (2) 5-point Calvinism (i.e., a fatalistic Calvinistic view that leaves no room for free will; specifically, we reject the belief that Christ's atonement was limited (Matt. 10:32-33, 11:28-30, John 3:15-18, 7:37-38, 11:25-26, 12:46, Rev. 3:20, 22:17). Instead we believe that He died for all people as stated in the Scriptures (John 3:16, Acts 2:21, 10:43, Romans 10:6-13), and we reject the assertion that God's wooing grace cannot be resisted or that He has elect some people to go to hell; instead we believe that anyone who wills to come to Christ may do so. But we do believe in the biblical view of predestination, divine election, God calling and foreknowing those to be saved as stated in Matt. 22:1-14, John 15:16, 19, Romans 1:6-7, 1 Corinth. 127-28, 2 Thess. 2:13, 2 Tim. 2:4, 1 Peter 2:4, 9 and Rev. 17:14, Jeremiah 1:5) and God choosing those to be saved as stated in Matthew 22:14, John 15:16-19, 1 Corinthians 1:27-28, Romans 8:28-30, Ephesians 1:4-12, 2 Thess. 2:13, 2 Timothy 2:4, 1 Peter 2:4, 9. We are not Calvanists or Armenianists. Neither will we be forced to accept either of those positions for the simple reason that they are mans positions. We embrace the fact that Jesus, nor Paul, nor any other write of Scripture were Calvanist or Armenianists. We believe that the emphasis of these two positions have led to much of the divisions (1 Corinth. 1:11-13) and hatred that exists within the body of Christ (John 13:34-35, 1 John 3:13-15, 4:7-8, 11, 20-21). We also do not embrace in, (3) the Positive confession Movement, the Word of Faith Movement, or the Name it and Claim it movement, which believe that God can be commanded to heal or work miracles according to mans will, and that God's will for man is to focus on the riches of this world (1 John 2:15-17), (4) human prophecy that supersedes the Scriptures, (5) the incorporation of humanistic and secular psychology and philosophy into biblical teachings, and (6) the overemphasis of the spiritual gifts, experiential signs and wonders to the exclusion of Biblical teaching.
IN OUR SERVICES
we focus on a personal relationship with God through worship, prayer, and the teaching of the Word of God in a verse by verse, chapter by chapter format. We are not into the watering down of the gospel and the compromising of the Word of God by falling prey to the big wave of deceit that has been embraced by many seeker sensitive and emotionally driven churches. Neither do we place an emphasis on money. We seek to teach the Word of God simply and in such a way that its message can be applied to the believer's life, leading that person to a greater maturity in Jesus Christ. We teach both expositionally and topically.